Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Week 4 > Module 3: Writing Assignment

Assignment

Drawing from your observation notes and sentences from Journal Writing Assignments 1 and 2 describe a natural object or scene in nature. Use at least one each of the clauses and phrases you studied in the unit. Also, be sure that you include one each of the four sentence types in your description. Using your knowledge from Unit 3, use action verbs and active voice, keep your verbs in the same tense, and maintain correct subject-verb agreement. Your description should consist of 9-12 sentences.

We were holidaying on the pristine hills of Nainital. The guide, who was keen on taking us to a trek, the next morning, eagerly described about the breathtaking views and scenery we would come across. Rather than lazing, and waking up late, all four of us voted in favor of the trek. Whenever my daughter has to wake up early she starts going bananas. For someone who is a night bird, any early morning assignment seems like a herculean task. The team with whom we had to go, was super excited. We met at dinner, and all the discussions were centered around the next mornings trek. Nainital, after all has some of the best trekking routes of the Himalayas. Rather than accepting any other sport offered there, we thought hiking would be the best. So that we wake up fresh and bright, we turned in early. The walk up, which was to be at the Naina peak, was considered as challenging, and we seemed to be all set. I remembered those days, when I was little and dreamt of climbing mountains.I was going to realize that dream!! Cheers to that I thought !!
Driving in the hills can make one feel queasy, but that feeling of excitement reigned supreme. The mesmerizing beauty of the lush green hills, pine trees, and the woody aroma of the flaura from all around us, built up a divine feeling in me that this is where I was supposed to be, and this is what I was meant to do.The experts in trekking , who had done it all earlier, several times, were more like guides. Because of them there was a relaxed and comfortable feeling among us.
We reached the foothills. I looked at my family., wonder what each one's thoughts were. I took a deep breath, ready to embark upon this  magnificent journey on foot. With a prayer in my mind and confidence in my heart, I set one foot ahead of the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment